If you live in Canada and happen to mutter, “I don’t think much of Islam,” you may find yourself arrested and prosecuted for “hate speech”. You may well face months or years of legal hell at the hands of one of the dreaded Human Rights Commissions.
But there are different laws for Canadian Muslims, who can say pretty much anything they like about Christians and Jews, especially if they do it in Arabic. They can even call for infidels to be exterminated.
The following video was recorded in 2014 in the Al Andalous Islamic Center in Montreal. The words spoken by Sayed Al-Ghitawi, the imam of the mosque, are not significantly different from those spoken by any imam at any other prayer service there or at any other mosques. Those chanted passages are, after all, standard Islamic invocations drawn directly from the Koran and the Sunna.
Jonathan Halevi of CIJ News and Sandra Solomon are demanding that this imam be charged with violations of the criminal code against incitement to genocide.
Ms. Solomon and CIJ News translated the Arabic in this video. Many thanks to Vlad Tepes for the subtitling:
- 00:00 Oh Allah, destroy the accursed Jews Oh Allah, show us the black day you inflict on them
- 00:04 Oh Allah, show us the wonders of your power and ability inflicted on them,
- 00:08 Oh allah kill them all and shake the earth under them.
- 00:12 Oh Allah, make their children orphans and their women widows
- 00:16 Oh Allah, give victory to our brothers who engage in Jihad for Your sake in everywhere, O Lord of the Worlds
- 00:20 Oh Allah, give victory to our brothers who engage in Jihad in Palestine
- 00:24 Oh Allah, connect to their hearts O Allah, make their feet firm
- 00:28 Oh Allah, make their feet firm Oh Allah, give them victory over their enemy
- 00:34 Oh Allah, destroy the accursed Jews Oh Allah, show us the black day you inflict on them
- 00:38 O Allah, show us the wonders of your power and ability inflicted on them, Oh the most Merciful
- 00:42 Oh Allah, show us how you do to them what you did to [the peoples] of ‘Ād and Thamud